How To Download A Route To A Wahoo ELEMNT
If you own a Wahoo ELEMNT GPS device, you can follow route you've planned on plotaroute.com using the device's navigation features. Follow these instructions to download a route to your Wahoo device.
STEP 1 - DOWNLOAD THE ROUTE TO A FILE
- View the route you want to download on plotaroute.com (you can find all your own routes by selecting My Routes from the menus).
- From the View Route page, select Download from the Menu above the map.
- Select the option to download a GPS file and set the File Type as FIT. Select No for Add Turn Warnings then click DOWNLOAD to download the file.
Wahoo Elemnt devices will also accept files in TCX or GPX formats, although TCX files support fewer types of turn arrows and GPX files will not show any turn arrows, so we recommend using FIT files.
STEP 2 - TRANSFER THE FILE TO YOUR WAHOO DEVICE
- Plug the GPS device ino the USB port on your computer and open a file explorer (Windows Explorer or Mac Finder) to see the files on it.
- Copy the downloaded route file to the routes folder on the device.
STEP 3 - NAVIGATE THE ROUTE
- On your Wahoo device, press the PAGE button to scroll to the map page and then select ROUTE.
- This will display a list of routes on your device. If the route you transferred is not listed, press SYNC to refresh the list.
Scroll down to the route you want to navigate and press SELECT.
- Press START to begin navigation.
Start a discussion about this
View more tips