Total posts in this topic: 4
Hi Mikhail - the changes we've made won't retrospectively fix existing content I'm afraid, but should sort out the problems for any new routes you plot. However, I had a look at the route you referred to in that post (www.plotaroute.com/route/611346) and it looks OK to me, although I don't speak the language. Where is the problem exactly?
While plotaroute.com is predominantly an English language website, it is used by people from over 190 countries across the world. However, until now support for foreign languages, in particular those with non-Latin alphabets like Cyrillic, has been rather patchy. This has sometimes resulted in information being displayed differently to how it was originally entered, because plotaroute.com was originally designed to support Latin alphabets only.
We are pleased to advise that we have now made extensive changes right across the site to try to address this, with the aim of providing improved support for non-Latin alphabets. There is a limited amount that we have been able to do to correct routes and other information that you have already saved, but any new routes you create should now correctly display any non-Latin characters.
This has been quite a complicated change, so there may still be some gremlins, however you should find that editing and resaving information will correct anything that doesn't look right.