Our Calorie Calculator estimates how many Calories you will burn using Metabolic Equivalent (MET) values from Compendium of Physical Activities. The Compendium idenitifes the relative energy cost of undertaking various activities compared with doing nothing. We then combine this with your weight and the estimated duration of the activity, taking into account the length of the route and the hills involved, to estimate the total Calories burned.
When selecting an Activity setting, select the speed you would normally travel at on flat ground.
Please remember, the estimated number of Calories is just a guide and the actual number of Calories burned may vary depending on other factors such as weather and terrain.
This route can be downloaded in the following formats (click to download):
1. Start at Blue Gum Tree
2. Run lap around rugby field anti clockwise towards long jump pit, continuing straight on at cricket nets
3. Run around prefab building, past gym and turn left onto Balmac Road
4. Turn left onto Pilkington Street back to Blue Gum
5. Drop back down to rugby field and run to long jump pit before heading out down Cannington Road
6.Bear Left onto footpath that runs along golf club
7. Down steps and take middle path back to road
8. Cross Road and follow footpath
9. turn right up steep zig zag path back to Cannington Road
10. Return to School Rugby Field and complete one small anticlockwise lap, finish up centre of rugby field running towards ELC
Please be careful to observe all signs for rights of way when following other people's routes, as we cannot guarantee that they do not cross private or hazardous land.
Use our Route Profile tool to explore the elevation profile for this route. Find the highest point, the steepest secton and the longest climb!
Get the latest weather forecast for the Dunedin area...
Need a route map for your event? Create a smarter map with plotaroute.com
Do you need somewhere to stay near Dunedin? Search over 1 million hotels, B&B's and other accomodation on Booking.com.