All working well now - thanks Cam
It looks like it was being thrown by an "&" sign in the directions as well as in the route name. I've put in another fix so it should be fine now. I've replaced any "&" signs in the GPX downloads too, so can you try that again please? Hopefully we've caught all the "&" sign issue now!
Thanks John for advice and fix. It seems to work fine now with google Earth but only if i remove the "&" from the route name for GPX loaded by GetaMap and Orux. However i have tried another route without an "&" and am still getting loading problems. Google Earth Error is this
I hope you can offer further advice. Thanks. Cam
Hi Cam - I think I've found the problem. It was getting thrown by the ampersand sign in the route name. I've put in a fix for this, so it should be OK now.
I have tried downloading the track straight to GoogleEarth. This is the error message i get. What am I doing wrong please!
Hi Cam - I think you'll need to contact the providers of these applications to estasblish why they don't work with GPX and KML files you are trying to import, as we have no way of knowing why their import processes are failing. All files downloaded from plotaroute.com should conform to the standard specifications for each file format, so the problem could lie with these other applications. If you do find out any more information I'd be happy to look into it further.
A downloaded GPX or KML file fails to load onto OS Getamap or Orux maps - error message on Orux says "Error Loading route". Using Firefox. Hope you can help with this, Thanks.