Our Calorie Calculator estimates how many Calories you will burn using Metabolic Equivalent (MET) values from Compendium of Physical Activities. The Compendium idenitifes the relative energy cost of undertaking various activities compared with doing nothing. We then combine this with your weight and the estimated duration of the activity, taking into account the length of the route and the hills involved, to estimate the total Calories burned.
When selecting an Activity setting, select the speed you would normally travel at on flat ground.
Please remember, the estimated number of Calories is just a guide and the actual number of Calories burned may vary depending on other factors such as weather and terrain.
This route can be downloaded in the following formats (click to download):
Stage 3 of the GM Ringway, Greater Manchester's long-distance trail, follows the pretty Ladybrook Valley that weaves through the suburbs of Stockport.
- A riverside and woodland link route from East Didsbury to Cheadle Village
- The Grade I-listed St Mary's Church in Cheadle, dating back to 1530
- Quiet paths along the tree-lined Micker Brook
- The 70-acre Bramhall Park, with its woodland, ponds, play area and cafe
- Bramall Hall, a superb Tudor manor house (Grade I-listed)
- Carr Wood Local Nature Reserve, a beautiful area of semi-ancient woodland in a gorge-like valley
The stage links East Didsbury Metrolink and Bramhall train stations. For those with dogs, the start is a short way from East Didsbury train station. Both the start and end are also linked by a regular bus and are served by other buses to and from Manchester, Stockport and elswehere.
Please be careful to observe all signs for rights of way when following other people's routes, as we cannot guarantee that they do not cross private or hazardous land.
We have lots of detailed guides to help you get the most out of plotaroute.com. Here's a selection: