If you want to highlight the show the gradients on a route you've saved, follow these instructions:
- Select and view the route.
- Click the DISPLAY menu above the map and toggle the GRADIENT option to turn it on.
- This will change the colour of different sections of the route to show where the hills are. Red sections are uphill, green are downhill. Darker shades indicate steeper gradients. Flat sections, where the gradient is less than 2%, are shown in the yellow.
- Once the Gradient option has been turned on, you can see the gradient at different points along the route by moving your mouse over the route line.
- It can also be useful to look at the elevation profile itself while you have the Gradient option turned on by selecting HILLS from the menu above the map.
For a more detailed analysis of the hills on a route, including the option to zoom in to examine sections in close up, click on the More Detailed Profile button shown above on elevation profile chart to load the Route Profile Tool.