Our Calorie Calculator estimates how many Calories you will burn using Metabolic Equivalent (MET) values from Compendium of Physical Activities. The Compendium idenitifes the relative energy cost of undertaking various activities compared with doing nothing. We then combine this with your weight and the estimated duration of the activity, taking into account the length of the route and the hills involved, to estimate the total Calories burned.
When selecting an Activity setting, select the speed you would normally travel at on flat ground.
Please remember, the estimated number of Calories is just a guide and the actual number of Calories burned may vary depending on other factors such as weather and terrain.
This route can be downloaded in the following formats (click to download):
- From the War Memorial go out on Trier Way towards GL1, taking care crossing Eastgate St, going on to Bruton Way.
- Continue on Bruton Way to Northgate Street.
- Turn left on to Northgate St to The Cross, continuing into Southgate St.
- At the 'CD Rack' sculpture turn right into Commercial Rd.
- Continue to bottom turning right on to The Quay at the prison, continue to Westgate St.
- Turn right on to Westgate St for a short distance, turn left on to Archdeacon St (opposite Chez Rose).
- Continue into Pitt St, past The Pelican Inn along the back of the cathedral to the end of Pitt St opposite Sainsburys.
- Turn left into Park St for a short distance to Gouda Way.
- Turn right on Gouda Way for a short distance, turn right into Worcester St going past Gloucester Sports to Northgate St.
- Repeat Northgate St over The Cross into Southgate St.
- This time at the 'CD Rack' turn left into Parliament St, past The Climbing Warehouse to Brunswick Rd.
- Turn right onto Brunswick Rd, go past the Guru Coffee House to Park Rd.
- Turn left onto Park Rd, return to War Memorial.
Here's a selction of tips from our Tips and Tricks section, which offers instructions and advice on using plotaroute.com.
You can also get more advice and help on our Forums.