Our Calorie Calculator estimates how many Calories you will burn using Metabolic Equivalent (MET) values from Compendium of Physical Activities. The Compendium idenitifes the relative energy cost of undertaking various activities compared with doing nothing. We then combine this with your weight and the estimated duration of the activity, taking into account the length of the route and the hills involved, to estimate the total Calories burned.
When selecting an Activity setting, select the speed you would normally travel at on flat ground.
Please remember, the estimated number of Calories is just a guide and the actual number of Calories burned may vary depending on other factors such as weather and terrain.
This route can be downloaded in the following formats (click to download):
START/FINISH is the Three Horseshoes pub in Barrow, Suffolk (IP29 5AP)
- Cross the road, turn left and then take footpath to right, heading east
- Walk round the edge of the playing field keeping hedge on the left
- About halfway across the playing field, turn left through the hedge crossing a small footbridge, then head north on the path
- Take the second path on the right heading east
- Reaching a field edge, go straight on across the field then turn north-eastwards as you approach some ponds
- (alternatively do not cross the field, but turn left on the track heading north then at the road turn right and follow the road until you each a turning on the right #)
- walk round the ponds then continue east for a short distance reaching a road
- turn left on the road reaching a T-junction #
- head east on the road and after a short distance turn right onto a bridleway heading south towards Burthorpe
- On reaching the road in Burthorpe, turn left and follow the narrow road south-eastwards
- turn left on a more major road for a short distance before turning right onto a bridleway heading south
- the bridleway bends to the right and eventually heads west towards Barrow village
- passing woodland on the left go straight onto a path continuing west
- At the road turn right and head north-west into Barrow.
- go straight on to return to the Three Horseshoes where the walk ends
- (alternatively turn right at the first junction after entering the village to visit the other pub in Barrow, the Weeping Willow)
Please be careful to observe all signs for rights of way when following other people's routes, as we cannot guarantee that they do not cross private or hazardous land.
We have lots of detailed guides to help you get the most out of plotaroute.com. Here's a selection: