Our Calorie Calculator estimates how many Calories you will burn using Metabolic Equivalent (MET) values from Compendium of Physical Activities. The Compendium idenitifes the relative energy cost of undertaking various activities compared with doing nothing. We then combine this with your weight and the estimated duration of the activity, taking into account the length of the route and the hills involved, to estimate the total Calories burned.
When selecting an Activity setting, select the speed you would normally travel at on flat ground.
Please remember, the estimated number of Calories is just a guide and the actual number of Calories burned may vary depending on other factors such as weather and terrain.
This route can be downloaded in the following formats (click to download):
? WARNING: part of this route may be private and inaccessible ?
Trent Park (P2): Merryhills Way, Hadley Rd - 5.8mi
Start & end at Oakwood Station
Trent Park perimeter:
- enter Trent Park via Stables path (between riding Stables & Lakeside bus stop)
- turn right, head E on Merryhills Way by horse fields
- ? track N?E?N > to/by?/through? Vicarage Farm? > Hadley Rd - may not be right-of-way / allowed path?
- walk on road Hadley Rd 0.5mi
- re-enter Trent Pk at NE corner (Hadley Rd foot entrance)
- anti-clockwise around N+W edges > close to Hadley Rd > obelisk > water tower > cafe/toilets > don't exit at Cockfosters
- S through woods > S behind cemetery > S across fields
- turn E through "railway woods" > full length of railway path from Cockfosters to Oakwood footpath exit
- exit Oakwood Stn foot entrance, opposite Oakwood Stn
Original route re-plotted to avoid private galloping bridle path (S of Williams Wood, N of Merryhills Way)
? But track from Merryhills Way to Hadley Rd through Vicarage Farm may not be allowed path either?
Please be careful to observe all signs for rights of way when following other people's routes, as we cannot guarantee that they do not cross private or hazardous land.
Please also be considerate and mindful of the interests of local residents when parking and following routes.
We have lots of detailed guides to help you get the most out of plotaroute.com. Here's a selection: