Our Calorie Calculator estimates how many Calories you will burn using Metabolic Equivalent (MET) values from Compendium of Physical Activities. The Compendium idenitifes the relative energy cost of undertaking various activities compared with doing nothing. We then combine this with your weight and the estimated duration of the activity, taking into account the length of the route and the hills involved, to estimate the total Calories burned.
When selecting an Activity setting, select the speed you would normally travel at on flat ground.
Please remember, the estimated number of Calories is just a guide and the actual number of Calories burned may vary depending on other factors such as weather and terrain.
This route can be downloaded in the following formats (click to download):
1. Start/Finish at Shelters 1 & 2
2. Start - Leave Shelter area and turn left, headed towards park entrance
3. Make a right and head over the hill on Park Street #13
4. Proceed until you see the gravel road on the left
5. Turn left onto gravel road and proceed until caution tape forces you over foot bridge
6. Runners will be on single track trail for approximately 2.4 miles
7. There will be caution tape, signs and/or volunteers at every required turn on the trail
8. Exit trail for final time at approximately 2.8 mile mark
9. Finish race headed back to Shelters 1 & 2 on Park Street #6
This course eliminates previous bottleneck areas and is set up to be challenging but very fast!
Please be careful to observe all signs for rights of way when following other people's routes, as we cannot guarantee that they do not cross private or hazardous land.
We have lots of detailed guides to help you get the most out of plotaroute.com. Here's a selection: